View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 12:27 PM   #1905 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper 104 View Post
I popped in a Pro-clip USA GPS mount today.
I got the one that sits on the top of the side 'plate' at the front of the console, (to the right of the ventilation controls) reaches down and clips in where this plate meets the carpet in the passenger footwell. I had tried a Garmin air vent-mount originally but I felt it moved around a little too much and I was afraid it would damage the material along the edge of the vent. I'll keep that on hand for the odd time I use a rental or Co-op car.

My Garmin sits right at arm's length and I can spin it either vertically or horizontally. I was initially concerned it might interfere with the far right 'zone' control wheel but it's just fine where it is.
The real beauty is it fits well enough that I didn't have to secure it with the double-sided tape so I can remove it and put it back on real easily.

GPS Mounts, GPS Holders, GPS Car Mounts*-*ProClip USA

I had that mount until my gf decided to hook it with her purse and break the bottom tab. Gotta get a new one now. Mount anyway, jury is still out on the gf...