View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 08:02 AM   #29 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Plus, you're 26. Here in the US rates drop dramatically after age 25. OP may end up paying as much in insurance every month as he does on the car.

Plus you'll likely need a set of rear tires every year. Maybe a full set. If you live in a place that sees a real winter, an extra set of wheels with snow tires is a must as the tires that come on the Z are not all-seasons and are dangerous in the cold/snow.

The other thing is what others at school / college are going to do. It's not just you, it's the other inexperienced drivers around you. Just be careful.
Same in Canadia, 25 and it lowers. My insurance as an alternate driver when I was under 25 was the same as being a primary on my own car right now. I was quoted about 250 for an FRS or S2000 since I did some reading.

Z in winter is kind of a scary thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhwhip View Post
Yeah I've been thinking about this for the past 2 months and definitely not in any hurry.

And yeah around here my parents aren't as worried about my driving compare to other driver, I'm always on the defensive side.
Good take your time when buying. It's not a cheap purcahse! Even though I'm a defensive driver I still succumb to the heavy foot syndrome. It's a lot of power and you will want to use it more than on one occasion... I guarantee it.

After my speeding incident I have toned down my speeds significantly but I still get a bit spirited at times. Keep that in mind...and that's why you don't see many young kids in powerful sports cars for a very long time. There was an incident a year or so back in my area with a kid in a porche and ended up crashing, striking a tree and ending up in someone's backyard. The passenger died and needless to say the neighbors were traumatized by the mangled mess on their lawn. Take heed sir.
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote