View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 07:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkio View Post
The guy that originally owned the kit was putting down 480WHP with 91 octane and 525 on E85, so I have to disagree with you my man. I called the tuner this morning and told him to break everything down for me on what he is trying to do exactly (I was pissed over the weekend cause I been waiting weeks for the car and when I got it, wasnt running like I was expecting her too).

1) The bigger radiator he explained is due to the heat that's being generated and he wants to save me from buying a better vented bumper.

2) He said the meth is only to regulate the fuel and push more power, not to fix starting problem

3) He did admit to me that he could have spend more time tuning and got it way better, but I been without a car for 5 weeks due to clutch on back order and few other parts so I wanted to car back the past weekend.

Now the guy is offering me to retune the car free of charge (have to leave it there for a day or two so he can find tune it) and GUARANTEE to fix the starting issue. However, he is advised me to do the radiator and meth all at once too. What do you guys think?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN!!!!!!!!!!

THIS GUY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Clear enough? His reasoning for the meth is retarded. He is not doing a good job tuning the car. Period. Find a new tuner before you join the (surprisingly large) "Stillen SC blew my motor" club. If he can't get the little things in the tune right, he didn't get the big things right. And the numbers the previous owner is claiming must be on the world's highest reading dyno.

The only thing that your "tuner" is right about is the need for a better radiator. Keep in mind, you have to evacuate the ac system before and recharge it after a radiator install.