View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
I'm 26 and paying just under 280 a month because I had a speeding ticket earlier this year. It would have been cheaper by a marginal amount had I not been an idiot. So yes I think it will be bad. Even if your parents put you as an alternate driver (assuming both parents have a car) you will need to be designated as a primary driver on one and that will still be expenisve. I am in canadia though so there may be differences in prices/options etc.
Plus, you're 26. Here in the US rates drop dramatically after age 25. OP may end up paying as much in insurance every month as he does on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
In terms of price you will pay the same amoun every month or bi-weekly or however your payment schedule is like. That said, I would also hope you are pricing in taxes, delivery, registration and all the fee's and not taking sitcker value as the only cost. Then you have gas and have to use high-grade not to mention since it's a sports car it will not be easy on the gas.
Plus you'll likely need a set of rear tires every year. Maybe a full set. If you live in a place that sees a real winter, an extra set of wheels with snow tires is a must as the tires that come on the Z are not all-seasons and are dangerous in the cold/snow.

The other thing is what others at school / college are going to do. It's not just you, it's the other inexperienced drivers around you. Just be careful.