Thread: reducing drone
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #36 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I would like to chime in on this. I have read through every reply here and would like to offer my input.

There are many factors to take in to account when designing a system.

-Sound
-Weight
-PERFORMANCE
-Aesthetics

Now me personally I do not feel that the drone at 2000-2400 RPM's is obtrusive. Again, this is me and sound is subjective. We are not in the business of putting a system out there just to put it out there, like some of our competitors who I will not name. If I felt the drone was overwhelming I would of made changes to compensate. I hear some comment on other systems and say they have no drone. Well, look at the design, some have suitcase mufflers which are horrible for performance and weigh a ton. Who wants to put an aftermarket system on their car that weighs 10-20 pounds over stock. Others have to compensate with giant silencers which divert the exhaust flow and again, affect performance and look like scuba tanks hanging off of your car.
To date we have sold 60 cat back exhaust systems and over 50 of them are installed. I can count on less than one hand how many people are either bothered or somewhat bothered by the drone. I have spoke to some of them on my own and they tell me that they would do it all over again knowing what they know now. I hear the same thing, there is some drone at 2000-2400ish but the sound is incredible.

"Is is so deep and smooth under acceleration and I just love it Tony".

-We are a minimum of 10 pounds lighter than stock.
-We picked up and average of over 20 RWH over stock.
-The exhaust looks aggressive yet classy.
-You will not find better customer service and I will stand behind that and my business until the end!!!
-To date: naturally aspirated we have higher gains over stock than any other 2.5" system on the market. And like I always say, put this system in a force inducted application, we will decimate any other 2.5" system in sound and performance.

The bottom line is, overall we feel that we have designed a system that brings the best qualities out of this wonderful car. In the end if the only major complaint is the drone that some feel they get, I will take it any day of the week.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I always have an open door policy...

Thank you, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote