View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
NoLaKrewe
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 FJ//2015 370z
NoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator44 View Post
OP, go for the manual. You will not regret it. I know quite a few people who purchased manuals at some point without knowing first how to drive one (myself included). You have to start somewhere. Give it a few weeks of consistent practice and you'll be just fine.

I've always hated this generalization. I had a 400+ HP V8 in my first car at age 18 and turned out just fine.
Road conditions have changed since you were a kid. In the 80s the only problem with a 18 year old in a sports car was a 18 year old in a sports car. Now it's a 18 year old in a sports car with 300+ hp as his first car but he has to let Facebook know he's cruising in his new car in the rain for the first time. O wait? What's that? A sharp turn? Dead 18 year old.

Liveleak.com gives great insight to automobile accidents. I'd suggest spending some time there before driving on the road as well. Understand the true horrors if you're not educated on the road. Just search crash and watch all the unedited stuff.

The struggle will be real!

Last edited by NoLaKrewe; 09-28-2014 at 11:03 PM.
NoLaKrewe is offline   Reply With Quote