Thread: reducing drone
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I think the Stillen CBE alone sounds good, but if you throw HFCs on it really sounds like crap. Some CBEs get very raspy when you add HFCs and the Stillen is one of those.
Hmmm, interesting. Did you have the Stillen with HFCs or just heard someone else's? Video or in person?

Most Stillen CBE owners on here have the HFCs as well. They seem to really like it, but again this could be owner-bias.

When I put the Stillen CBE on my car (No HFCs), the sound was noticeably louder and really a nice improvement. Having had it on the car for about 2-3 months now, I think I can go for another step up in loudness. There is ZERO drone with the Stillen CBE alone. I was going to add HFCs sometime in the next few months. However, I'm curious about this comment from M4A1. His review of the FI exhaust was an important part of my decision to go with the Stillen exhaust (and so far so good...I'm happy).

As for people giving M4A1 a hard time for saying the FI has some 2k drone...more and more people are admitting the same finding. Also, come on guys, we're above ragging on someone for sharing their opinion. Don't hate the player, hate the drone.

Last edited by spearfish25; 11-27-2009 at 08:58 PM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote