View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
vqpower
Base Member

Drives: G37S Coupe 6MT
vqpower is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
Im sorry man that your not quite happy with the current ride of your G with this springs but even on bumps and dips on the road I find the rebound comfortable and composed with the swift. I regretted selling mine just because I went to coils for more aggressive drop.

Have u tried checking your tire pressure? How many miles or how long have you been using the springs? You need to give it time to settle before you get yourself an alignment.

How many tread life do you have on your tires? Check it.
Maybe you need to change it since your at 22k now with oem tires?..,for a DD this should be close to be just about time to be replaced?
If your riding with Bridgestone OEM tires they are one of the noisiest and harsh ride ever. I changed mine to Hankooks. Man Im like a fat lard on a hammock.

Try checking this options before you change to coils or Koni's and see if it does makes a difference.
Good ideas. I will check the tire pressure. I've been on the springs for maybe 3 weeks, 500 miles. Still using the OEM Bridgestones and yes they are loud and harsh. They still have some life left but are on their way out. I was thinking about v12s but will probably go for PSS instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey o View Post
when I hit a bumpy road I lose confidence in this setup, it doesn't feel like the shock can keep up. The kw v1 spring and shock should be setup to work better and handle the bumps better. Plus I get to go a little lower!
Pretty much same feeling for me. Hitting a bump, especially mid corner really takes away my confidence. Seems to really upset the balance of the car, like the car doesn't stay glued to the road. Suspension doesn't seem to really soak up any bumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
I'm curious if it's a bump steer or alignment issue rather than a spring/shock issue.

I had an alignment right after the springs were installed. The rear camber is pretty off and the springs have settled since I did the install. I will be installing SPL rear camber arms and SPC toe bolts and re-aligning in a couple days.
vqpower is offline   Reply With Quote