View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #477 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
Sunday was my first track day for 3 months. I finally had my new wheels and tires on the car. S type rims with Toyo R888's.

It was a mixed A/B group. Advanced and Beginners. B group placed an X on their cars and needed a point by to pass them, except in 3 straight aways. A guys were open passing. The poor B group was not respected very well. I watched as apexes were cut off in turns and exits, all against the rules. I was respectful as it was not long ago I was in their shoes.

At least I thought I was. I passed a Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition in a turn and later that very session he left the track and got an X placed upon his car. Apparently he did not feel comfortable with my pass. I did.

The event had too many cars on track at 40. It was very tough to get a clean lap for a good time but learning when and where to pass was a good lesson. I passed far more cars than passed me. The Highlight car that dominated me was a Porsche GT3RS. I even had a GTR come up on me a never get bye. He clearly was new. Corvettes C5 and C6 held me up.

My confidence level was so high. I did experience the brake assist going into a hairpin and a Corvette that never got off the brake. It felt like I was on ice only stopping.

I am back at Sears Point in November with Thunderhill in between.

Time for work.

Nissan 370Z at Sears Point - CFRA - YouTube

Sears Point Raceway in a Nissan 370Z - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcherry20 View Post

At 4:55 or so you get by 2, one on the left. One on the right.

Pretty cool stuff!
And.

I see you lean into corners too. I thought I was some kinda freak (although I think my lean ins are too exaggerated to be constructive so I am practicing leaning not so hard).

Auto-x tomorrow. Taking the Z. Going to attempt fearlessness. Pray for me.
I wanna drive aggressively and not be so damned worried about the car.