Thread: z or vette
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #87 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargrakhan View Post
It's that the point of an opinion though? It's what someone "feels" is better... not something rooted in pure fact, though some facts might be a factor in my opinion. If you wanna compare a Z with a C7 using pure logic and statistics, then compare engineering charts and performance numbers. However just because a car performs better or worst than another, doesn't mean someone will like or hate it.

In my opinion, Car X is better than Car Y. In raw fact, Car Y is better than Car X. Doesn't change my opinion that Car X is better. I don't hate Car X because it's slower than Car Y. I like Car X because blah, blah, blah.

That's what an opinion is.

If you want a faster car with a more powerful engine, get the C7. Pure and simple. Numbers don't lie. If you want to get the car that I like, get the Z. Pure and simple. My opinion is the Z is a better car than the C7. Even if facts say the C7 is better on paper and the road, I still like the Z more. That's why it's an opinion.

This is reminding me of that time when a friend and I were arguing what was hotter: sexy American girls or sexy Japanese girls. Of course someone with an "asian persuasion" perogative would have their opinion trump the other... but you'd still get on your knees and thank God for being able to spend a night with either.

C7... Z... both are damn sexy fast cars. You can't lose for owning either. Just pick whatever you can afford and/or think is better (be it looks, speed, sound, options, etc).
I get what you are saying... and for the most part agree. I never once stated that a C7 is "better" than a 370z, just trying to make a point that it is way faster, handles and brakes better than a Z. I have no idea the motive behind OP's reasoning for possibly trading in his Z... But if its strictly from a performance standpoint... then come on people, lets be realistic. The Vette is far superior than a Z performance wise... I tried making that statement and it seemed like a lot of defensive people had to jump in with bias opinions. "Vettes aren't reliable, they are everywhere, old men drive them, add HFCs plus a tune and your Z will be just as fast"... blah blah. I just think some people need to tone down the pride a little... its ok to admit the Z isn't the greatest sports car ever made. Its ALWAYS the same when somebody starts a thread asking about other cars, or is thinking about trading in their car for something else... People get so butt hurt and have to completely bash whatever car is mentioned. Cough cough Mustang*.

Of course being faster doesn't make a vehicle better than another... I would have never bought my 370 if that was the case, or my 350.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.

Last edited by MJB; 09-26-2014 at 01:46 PM.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote