Thread: removable sub
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
imag
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
LOL true but if you are going to want hi fi audio and have close to 1000 watts of power for your audio you are not only going to want a nice size box and sub but also to dynamat your car. I am not sure what other options. I know a lot of the boxes I have seen in the spare tire area are using the JL slim sub "not a fan" and some are ported "not good for SQ" I will try to think of something for you.

Ever think of tint for your back windows?
Thanks for thinking about it - hopefully it's an interesting problem. I wonder if I could do 2-3 8" subs or something like that. It's interesting that you don't like the JL slim.

I know what you mean on dynamat. To me, the car won't ever sound great without 100 extra lbs of sound dampening. My goal is for it to sound undistorted at decent volume with the windows down at highway speed. Even in that environment, I have my audiophile tendencies - I don't need perfect imaging (obviously), but crappy ported Kicker noise is just not what I will be happy with.

Tinting the windows could work... I was hoping to leave cargo room open for the occasional trip, but that might be the best route...