View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #1868 (permalink)
OldFart
Track Member

Drives: 2011 Wannabe Nismo
OldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Went by the Austin Z Clinic today while I was out. The guy lives there with his wife and does all the work himself. Shot the $hit with him for about 20 min while he worked on the brakes for a very G37. Seems like a real good guy

That being said, the bushing removal tool he has is actually for a 350Z. We took a look at it, and I hope the suspension bits behind the cross member (opposite the diff) don't get in the way. Otherwise, he'll just have to spend the time to remove some extra bits. I'm just glad someone who knows what they're doing will be working on it. I will be dropping the car off tonight for him to work on in the morning
Curious what the tool looked like. I used a 4" diameter 3" long .25 thick round aluminum piece. A 4" x 3/8" thick plate a long bolt and one of the front differential washers. Failed miserably as the washer collapsed and the bushing collar didn't move. Did the drill and cut method and that got it. At least the tool wasn't a total failure, it pressed the new one in very nicely.