View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #29 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

All the Fast Intentions data is crammed into one really long thread so I cannot dig it up within the hour lol... but on one of their projects they checked to see if the stock fuel pump was up for a bit of horsepower and it kept up with as far as they bothered to push it before swapping it out precautionary.

I think the stock pump would probably keep up. Its at least something I would do only if it wasnt holding, rather than proactively. That is, on a NA car. A fuel pump is always running at 100% in the Z since there is no resistor pack or anything... so its not any extra wear on the pump to use it for all its got. I just wouldnt want to run it to the max on a boosted application since environmental conditions and boost variances will cause fuel demands to have a bit larger swing.

But there is certainly no harm in upgrading the pump anyway. I think I am going way off topic here mixing up 2 active threads on E85. This one here is supposed to be about a supercharged application I suppose.

Last edited by phunk; 09-25-2014 at 11:58 AM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote