View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
vqpower
Base Member

Drives: G37S Coupe 6MT
vqpower is on a distinguished road
Default Swift springs + stock shocks = Awful ride?

I recently modified my G37S by adding swift springs and eibach sway bars. I’m loving the drop and the way the car drives on smooth roads but I’ve got to admit that the ride is fairly awful on roads with even some bumpiness or undulations. Hitting bumps on the road is pretty jarring. I am running on the stock shocks with 22k miles. I’d really like to keep the improved handling and more responsive feel of the car but want to improve the ride quality. FYI this car is my DD and will likely never go to the track. I’m thinking I have 3 options here:
1. Get Koni Yellows to replace stock shocks
2. Give up on the swifts and go with KW V1s
3. Go back to stock springs and shocks
I’ve heard great reviews around here and other forums about the swift and koni yellow combination but I’m not sure how nicely it rides or if it will help with my ride quality complaints. I’m also not experienced in suspension setups so I don’t know if I trust my ability to properly tune the shocks to get the optimal balance between performance and ride quality. On paper the KW V1s seem like a good idea for a daily driver since I can only change the height and the spring rate and dampening is preconfigured by KW engineers for a nice balance between sportiness and comfort.

Which of the above options would you guys suggest? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
vqpower is offline   Reply With Quote