View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
Akurei
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 14 370z
Akurei is on a distinguished road

I'm sure everything has been already covered, therefore I will cover it again just in case. If you really want to perfect shifting. train yourself to shift more smoothly, then more faster or better at first. It's gonna have a lot of downfalls, but that way you are paying attention to RPM's and mph with a glance. People who say, "hear the engine" don't know what they're talking about. You can hear the engine when you learn about the critical parts of the car first. It's best to pay attention to the rpms and mph as your upshifting gears. Then you'll know where you can downshift gears. Obviously you can't stare at your guage the whole time so look at rpms and then mphs when you shift with a glance. Play with it. I rather let you learn yourself, it is more fun as you reach the "peak" (whenever that is lol). As far as corners, youtube some videos man, a lot of stuff you can see on the video's there on how they do it. Obviously a lot of people downshift a little bit right before the turn or curve. If say a right curve turns more to a L shape turn then obviously you are gonna have to move your car more to the left side of the road and line yourself up right in a lot slower pace than a curve. Don't listen to me, as I am a beginner myself, just watch the videos
Akurei is offline   Reply With Quote