View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 03:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

LOL. I wasn't even going to look at this thread until one of my coworkers said "hey, that one looks like a winner!"

I personally don't coast in neutral for fear of being rear ended (again) and I like to have a gear to get out of dodge if necessary. All that is on the street.

On a road course or canyon / spirited / Tail of the Dragon run, I engage SRM (since I normally have it off) and ensure that I stay above 3k RPM so that I don't loose boost response. I learned that hard way that SRM downshifts can cause the car to lurch forward, so I stay above the boost threshold.

Your experience could be different. We don't know what your setup is (NA or FI). The only advice I can give you is to learn how the car behaves and adjust as necessary. Seat time is where it's at.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote