View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 03:10 AM   #26 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Not me. I can't wait for manuals to die... LOL
I was gonna say no way has this guy ever taught drivers ed lol least of all how to drive a manual. No offense here OP really some of us where there once but you really are a noob. As far as daily driving goes you will get better at it eventually, I'm not going to say don't have fun but right now what you should be doing is the basics to get to know your car and get the feel for driving a manual, it is like a bike after a while you don't even think about it and can pretty much do it totally inebriated(not saying you should that sometimes ends very badly). Start with the things that help you be a better manual driver and keep the most embarrassing things from happening to you. A big part of driving a manual is clutch and gas control and switching between them and one of the suckiest things to do that needs this is hill starts, find a REALLY steep incline and stop right on it(find a spot where you can do this without being a nuisance and preferably without embarrassing yourself) the best hills are the ones with signs that say "warning steep grade all trucks check brakes" when you can start up that thing without rolling back more than a foot, without spinning the tires, without using your e brake and without looking differently than an automatic car and you can do it consistently no problem you will have figured out one of the hardest parts to driving a manual. Cornering will be no different from an automatic car so unless this is your first car period, once you can drive a manual normally without thinking about it, this will come naturally.

On a personal note are you duck lipping in your avatar pic?
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote