View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 01:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
SR71
Base Member

Drives: 2004 350z SB M6
SR71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWest View Post
Well damn how many times a year are you claying and are you polishing after?

Mind take a pic with the big ol sun hitting the surface???
Here's about the best I have until her next wash. I clay two times a year, once in early July and a final one right before it gets put away for the winter so it's ready to go in the spring. Each time a full polish and wax afterwards using a Porter Cable 7424xp. I do also give it a quick wax with the P.C. once a month since I have hard water where I live just to maintain the depth of the black. I don't know about everyone else but I've found the easiest way to clay a car is first I just wash the entire car and rinse. After that while the car is still wet and I have a full bucket of soapy water I use my wash mitt and soapy water in one hand and the clay in another and I go panel by panel and soap it and clay it at the same time followed by a rinse. One panel at a time until the whole car is done and rinsed then it's on to drying and the polish/wax. Seems to be working for me since I dont have that many mods but I do get lots of compliments on how clean and shiny it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
when did you get a Z?
Hey Mike, I picked one up a few years ago, I just couldn't stay away. Ive been stalking your track beast for some time, looking good/fast as usual. I see Brando came back too but with a GTR.

Last edited by SR71; 09-24-2014 at 01:28 AM.
SR71 is offline   Reply With Quote