View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 11:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
DavidB123
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Nismo,Tec,Black
DavidB123 is on a distinguished road

Finally got my car to the dealer. This has been an occasional situation so each time I brought to the dealership, they couldn't duplicate. Several days ago, the car acted up and had power loss. I drove straight to the service dept. The mechanic drove with me and said that the car is in fail-safe mode. I told him about the advice from this forum regarding ECM and cool air intake. I cleaned the cool air about a month ago and he said it probably wasn't that.

After 4 days at the shop, they only had theories because they couldn't duplicate the power loss. Nissan warranty people wouldn't authorize any repairs because they said it has after market Stillen Cool Air induction. They wanted the factory stuff put back on before they would authorize any repairs. The dealership was very helpful and agree to take the Stillen off and put all the old stuff back on for diagnostics. This has been really stupid because this has been doing this since before my Stillen installation. The car has only 20,000 miles and I've had it since it was new.

I'll update as soon as there is any info. Thanks everyone for your input!
DavidB123 is offline   Reply With Quote