View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #292 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro4Jackster View Post
YSI trim = 1600 CFM - 1200 hp - not known if it fits, redesign odd shaped inlet or cut core support.
TI trim = 1400 CFM - 950 hp - fits, 0.25" larger inlet (hope to stretch Stillens odd intake boot and reuse.
SI trim = 1150 CFM - 775 hp - fits with no mods
SCI trim = 1050 CFM - 725 hp - comes with kit

I know you already know all of this based on your posts. But why do you recommend skipping the Ti trim? It seems like a perfect fit for a built motor Stillen Kit. It should be able to support 700 whp if you can get the Stillen framework to keep up. That is overkill for a streetcar. The fitment unknowns and cost of fitting a YSi don't seem to make sense to me. Is there a part of this equation I am overlooking?
Thanks for chiming in here with these specs!

1Slow's point here is that these specs are overly enthusiastic ... Much like the factory stock rating of 332 BHP is really more like 280(?)whp ...
The 280(?)whp being the more realistic when it comes to actual performance.

That being said, the Ti trim being rated at up 950 hp - actually is about 750 whp.
Still good enuff for me ... plus it will bolt right in with only having to enlarge the input piping.

Offer still stands to 1Slow' - would be willing to upgrade to the V-7 if it makes sense ... and I am willing to stand corrected.