View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #288 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
So u upgraded the v3 saw no returns except a blown motor, and the plan now is to build the motor and try upgading the v3 again to solve it? Einstien once had a famous quote about that lol best of luck tho it sucks having your car down for extended periods of time.
More to it than that ...
Got an extra 65 whp + a flat 378 tqe curve from the V-3Si, 1000 injectors, fuel pump and Tune. (there was plenty more to the build)
That would have put me in the high 11's.
But the motor blew on deceleration the first pass.
Jury is still out as to the exact cause of the grenade.

Back to the drawing board ...
I've done as much homework as humanly possible regarding this ... there aren't a whole lot of 370's out there that are seriously drag racing...so there isn't much of a pool of experiential knowledge to draw on.
I'm NOT upgrading the V-3, but stepping up to the V-2Ti ... and it's performance specs meet my realistic goals...understood ?

Though I am not sure of the reference to Einstein here, except in the context of blindly continuing a repeated task and in hopes of obtaining a different result - which is one of the definitions of insane thinking or reasoning.
I will assure you that this is not the case here.

If you can supply a complete plan with parts and part numbers of all that is required that will allow me to install a V-7 in my car that will give more usable power, be reliable, and won't overpower the cars ability to keep it hooked up, maybe then we can talk more ...

I think tho' that we've both stated our cases here and perhaps should continue this discussion back channel for now just to keep on topic ...