View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #284 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
soo there we go v7 confirmed working, I would rather use a unit that I KNOW will be able to make more than enough power, and pulley or restrict it down to the power i want instead of trying to beat 600-700hp out of a unit designed for 400. the v7 can come with the hd highspeed bearing set as well so it will be mucho more reliable than the v3 case pushed to double it's designed power. The moar powah you demand from the charger the more it will load the bearings and gears that just weren't designed for it. Hell you can run the v7 cogged straight from the crank to completely eliminate all belt slip.
Not doubting what you say re: the V-7, but there are other considerations to be made.
Bobby's bracket mounted the V-7 lower so that it would have less flex and also have sufficient clearance ... and he did configure the car with Gates green stripe serpentine belts and did not go cogged.
Again, he felt his prototype configuration wasn't perfected and he wasn't going to sell something he wasn't sure of.
So it wasn't an option and with no set date as to when it would be available he recommended the V-2 Ti that would fit right in to my existing set up.
Keep in mind I've had the stock motor blow after the V-3 Si impeller upgrade plus a 'few' other performance upgrades to keep up - at a sizable cost and with no return.
So at this point I'm happy here to get my car back together and running reliably with a reasonable power increase.
I want to get back on the horse, but need to cut my losses as well.
The more you push these cars - the more they require attention and maintenance - and the easier they can break...
Though I do plan to take it to the drag strip, Stillen put it this way; "the 370z wasn't designed to be a race car", and quite frankly, it's been digging it's heels in and making it a difficult project!
Hopefully it will all come together and I will be in the mid 11's before Christmas.
Great talking with you