View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
saqib55
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
saqib55 is on a distinguished road
Default WC Lathe Works Sphere installed

I just got around to installing my custom made WC Lathe Werks shift knob

I ordered the stainless steel sphere with 2 grooves and the laser etched shift pattern along with the velvet pouch. It came out to be $133. After placing the order on the website, it took 13 days for it to get machined and shipped, and it was in my hand the 15th day.

The biggest issue was installing it. I tried doing it by hand, but it was just not happening. I finally found some vice grips and went at it. I tried saving the original knob by placing a microfiber cloth over it, but eventually I just gave up and applied force to the uncovered stock knob. After getting destroyed, it eventually came off allowing me to put the new one on. It took a couple of tries to get the shift pattern centered properly but now it is on centered and nice and tight.

Overall, it looks great and feels even better. It is lower than the stock knob which makes shifting more natural and the extra weight really improves shift feel. The only concern I have is that it will def be hot in the summer, but I am hoping that the cover will be able to help out with that some.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Destroyed Stock Knob.JPG (373.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Sphere-angle.JPG (146.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Sphere-top.JPG (134.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Sphere-side.JPG (229.7 KB, 97 views)
saqib55 is offline   Reply With Quote