View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #75 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
hmm kind of touching on it but kind of not, a velocity stack prevents boundary layer separation which basically reduces restriction at an air (or fluid) inlet, they do not aid in the tunning of an intake manifold ...
Yes. In the proper application, vortexes, boundary layers, laminar flow, &c are an important part of what a VS does. But just sticking one on the end of an intake will more than likely not have any appreciable effect, positive or negative - as Jordo! has shown (at least for his setup).

I could be wrong (my personal experience with VSs is, for all intents and purposes, nil but I have a lot of experience with gas/fluid flow measurement), but everything I've read on VSs says they are an important part of tuning the intake system. If I'm wrong, please show me the light - I'm not too old to learn something new.