View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #95 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

No I havent opened it up yet.

Due to the way its behaving, I have a slight suspicion of the pressure plate being damaged from over-extension.

I originally did the clutch and CSC at the same time, so I am not sure if the way my clutch has always been was just because of the clutches natural characteristics alone, or if the CSC was involved in making it this way. But it has always been an on/off switch at the VERY top of the pedal. I had to push the pedal down maybe 15% to be fully disengaged. I dont know if these clutches are all like that, or if the CSC i have in there is too small a diameter and travels too far with the stock master.

Being an on-off switch, I had to adjust the pedal to put it either at the top or the bottom so that it was easy to find. Well the bottom sucks for racing so I went with the top. I always wanted to put a pedal stop there so that the pedal would only go down 40-50% and move the start switch, but I never did.

My driving adapted and I never pushed the clutch down more than probably 25% unless starting the engine or driving all out where I just kick the pedal to the floor real hard.

This day at the track was just a whole lot of slamming that pedal to the floor and combined with the age... I wonder if I fatigued the pressure plate fingers with over extension or something. I dont know. Never seen anything like that personally... but it seems possible based on how far past disengagement it was going.

My reason for believing this is because not only has it lost its ability to hold power before slipping, but the pedal characteristic has entirely changed and now the clutch starts grabbing right off the floor and is very easy to modulate.

OR I am just over thinking it, and its just burned out. This clutch has never seen that much riding before as I rarely attempted to launch my car due to no traction what so ever.

Last edited by phunk; 09-22-2014 at 10:11 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote