View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
aszyd
Track Member

Drives: Magma Red 370z T+S
aszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond repute

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanker View Post
That doesn't sound like limp mode. Something else is going on.

Thanks to the e-throttle, limp mode is quite smooth, it just does not rev as fast or far, no matter how much throttle you give it.

There's a bunch of stuff that can trigger it too, not just engine issues. I got limp mode after testing my headlight mods. I had both lights off of the car and can only assume that it did not like being turned on in that state. It went away after turning the car off and back on again.

Off the top of my head, my car was really unhappy when I forgot to reconnect the crank position sensor after installing a flywheel. Maybe the sensor or wiring is damaged. As the others have recommended, a code scanner is the best way to start the diagnosis path.

Last edited by aszyd; 09-22-2014 at 05:08 PM.
aszyd is offline   Reply With Quote