View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
... I think and I could be wrong, that faint straight clear coat scratches catch the light reflections less than curves.
You are only wrong in thinking that swirls consist of curved lines. Swirls are STRAIGHT lines, made at every possible angle and so close together that they APPEAR to be curved. When you actually blow them up and inspect them, you will see that every scratch is actually a straight line. This totally kills people's theory when they say that moving in a circular manner creates swirls. The way you move had NOTHING to do with it. It's what you use and what is on the paint when you decide to touch it that creates swirls.

But hey, seeing is believing. Tell them to fine me a curved line...

What they see...

What I see...