Thread: Increased MPG
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

The best mod for city economy is to modify the driver and tame the right foot.

I have lifetime to date economy of 10.7 litres per 100 km (sorry to those in the US, but we are metric down here) and I regularly get 550 klics per tank with 8-10 litres remaining. Most of my daily drive is outer suburban - 15 klics, then 18 klics of freeway followed by 9 klics of CBD edge stop/start on main thru roads. I cover 42-43 km in an out each day and average ~11 l/100km. The car still gets a squirt to red-line in 2nd on freeway on-ramps to get up to merge speed

The main thing is to just stroke the car along and it rewards you with efficiency. I don;t baby it, but I also don;t hit the throttle to the floor constantly either

I'd have to find out the size of a US gallon to convert but I guess you guys can do that as well as me.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote