View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #280 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
Man i posted up the pn's for both trims of the v7 in ccw rotation, and it isnt that much bigger, and the hp rating on the vortech site is in crank so you need a 1000hp blower to actusly hit 700-800hp. For a built motor guy wanting to get some use out of his new $8k motor why play around with little blowers trying to get close to 600hp when you could go v7 and be done with it. Vortech has the drawings of all the chargers available and the volute on the v7 is like a .5 inch bigger.
Thanks for the update ... I had spoken with Bobby at CIN Motorsports with my plans to upgrade my SC'r and he recommended the V-2Ti over the V-7 for my application.

He had built a car for a client with the V-7, utilizing his own custom designed and manufactured blower bracket (to reduce bracket flex) , along with his own custom designed intake manifold and piping.

I would've gone for it then and there but he wasn't ready to sell it all as a package kit citing that it wasn't perfected to his liking just yet, and therefore still under development.

Have you seen CIN Motorsports 370Z Supercharger kit

He also told me that the V-7 was overkill unless I (like his customer) were planning to make 1,000 hp...which I wasn't

Thats when he told me of the V-2Ti and that it would 'fit right in' to my already existing Stillen set up, with only a few tweaks needed.
It would easily make 600 to 700 hp.

He did strongly suggest the the Stillen blower bracket be braced or reinforced as it would want to flex as the boost headed up towards 15 or so.

He also recommended the Gates Green Stripe serps as well.

All this free, friendly, and informative info from a man who was in the middle of race season and knee deep in deadlines.

I trust his advice, he's a man that's been there and done that.
And the more I thought about it, the more it was the logical choice.

If he ever does come out with that kit of his and he is satisfied enough to put his personal stamp of approval on it, I just may have to 'upgrade' once more