Thread: 2 weeks in
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Aescen
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z MB M6
Aescen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRollin View Post
I'm one week in and I feel ya, man. The best thing about this car is the connection you feel to it, the worst thing is if you expected it to be practical. It's a true sports car, during a time when there are underpowered coupes and muscle cars and very little in the space between. I love that the Z is both aggressive and a tad civilized, but if you want more civilized you go Infiniti.

This is a beautiful car and it comes with a certain level of investment that most sports car buyers don't like today - low mpg, high entry price, transportation not focused at all on cargo or passengers. I chose this over the FR-S, because it was underpowered. The muscle car crowd seemed a bit lacking in refinement in comparison, and even the V8 versions are not as fast at practical speeds without spending more.

And I end my soapbox looking to the future... the fun we both are going to have zooming around town, and getting double takes even with stock engines and original body kits. The Z is like dating a really pretty girl, you get a little jealousy, you spend more money taking care of her and in the end - for every moment you daydream about something more practical, 10 other people have daydreamed twice as much about what you have.
Amen, brother. Amen.

'09 Touring +Sport 6MT
Nismo Black Aluminum Shift Knob - Custom Audio Build
Aescen is offline   Reply With Quote