Thread: 2 weeks in
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
SlowRollin
Base Member

Drives: 14' 370z Tour/Sp AT
SlowRollin will become famous soon enoughSlowRollin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper 104 View Post
Further to my comments above..

- Free 3 month trial to SiriusXM...IMO, it's lame. Constantly 'surfing' through junk to find anything decent. Prefer the music on my IPod.

- Paddle shifting isn't all that great. Now I know why most folks spring for 6 speeds. In auto it's kinda slow out of the hole unless you get on the gas and the engine's powerband doesn't really suit the shiftpoints the tranny picks; in 'manual' it's tough (for me anyway) to get it to shift smoothly.

- Still curious. Where I am 370s are few and far between. Why is that?
Do the dealers not get many of them because there's poor demand for them?
Are there other cars at the same pricepoint that people opt for over 370s?

- I'm not sure what I expected in the beginning, but 370s are sports cars. (duh) The ride is firm, the steering real responsive, almost overly-so. They're veritable go karts. For some reason that isn't what I expected. I guess I thought they would be more 'sedate'. It's been 37 years since I last owned a sports car.

I've now got 1500-ish kms on mine now. (That's about 900 miles to the rest of you guys)

I'm one week in and I feel ya, man. The best thing about this car is the connection you feel to it, the worst thing is if you expected it to be practical. It's a true sports car, during a time when there are underpowered coupes and muscle cars and very little in the space between. I love that the Z is both aggressive and a tad civilized, but if you want more civilized you go Infiniti.

This is a beautiful car and it comes with a certain level of investment that most sports car buyers don't like today - low mpg, high entry price, transportation not focused at all on cargo or passengers. I chose this over the FR-S, because it was underpowered. The muscle car crowd seemed a bit lacking in refinement in comparison, and even the V8 versions are not as fast at practical speeds without spending more.

And I end my soapbox looking to the future... the fun we both are going to have zooming around town, and getting double takes even with stock engines and original body kits. The Z is like dating a really pretty girl, you get a little jealousy, you spend more money taking care of her and in the end - for every moment you daydream about something more practical, 10 other people have daydreamed twice as much about what you have.
SlowRollin is offline   Reply With Quote