View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 08:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
niko86
Base Member

Drives: MY05 350Z, MY10 370Z
niko86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego@vossen View Post
Great job! nothing like doing it yourself! This reminds me of the fun I had installing my own Stillen SC with a few friends. I would do it all over again if I had to Good stuff and nice work. You're going to enjoy it!
Thanks, i hope so, pretty soon i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing
I feel like a kid in the back seat of a car on a long road trip... Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?
This is what i am asking myself every ten minutes

Soo, pretty good progress today, started at 11am, just two short breaks, been at it till 1am
Hands are numb, feet are numb, pretty tired now, but it is *almost* done

Mounted the pump for the IC

Got the blower out and in again (after connecting the plug that was missing), got the belt installed, which was surprisingly easy even though i did it alone

IC cooling system tank installed

Radiator overflow tank installed and hooked up(i like this one much better than the white plastic one pictured in the manual)

This is the EVAP valve or purge valve, can anybody tell me wether the line i have connected to it in this picture is the right one?
I can't really remember what was on there when it was stock, now i am not sure.
The Stillen manual talks about connecting this valve to an outlet in the Plenum, but the valve has two outlets, maybe you are supposed to connect to the line pictured here and to the plenum?
No idea

Some pictures are missing, i had to remove the belt again, bend a water line some more, swear for a bit, install the radiator, drill some holes, swear some more, the usual stuff that happens at a shop

Neat and tidy, lots of zip ties used.
I tried to group them together to make it look more organised.

Installed the inlet side of things
Found myself struggeling with the vertical support beam infront of the radiator, it has an edge on it that cuts into the air filters, ended up beasting the thing until it stopped hurting the nice K&Ns

Needed to do a custom mount for the second horn (the Z comes with two tone horns in Europe)
Everything mounted up and connected, looks pretty good

This is the finished bay (the gold stuff is DEI heat reflective tape, should help with heat soak)

The moneyshot

So, whats missing is the oil cooler install, which should be pretty easy, since the bumper and inner fenders are removed anyways.
And there is one hose clamp that i couldn't get on tonight, i bailed after trying for about one and a half hours.. it's late anyways

So if anyone knows about that EVAP valve thingy, this is the one thing that will probably keep me up tonight..

Just a couple of hours more and it's time for the happy dance ->
niko86 is offline   Reply With Quote