View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #1778 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
yep. definitely easy to work on, but that diff takes quite a bit of work. its something i left to a shop for once. literally the only thing i havent DIY, at least for the bushing part haha. you shouldve tackled that while you had the diff out!

ouch. another one bites the dust. get the whitelines and call it a day. it honestly changed the entire feel of the car. acceleration is so much smoother and linear now.

i dont think ive gotten 24k out of any tires on this car haha
I have a call into the dealership on the off chance they might cover it under warranty at no cost to me. Otherwise it will be the whitelines and DIY. What makes you think it would be that difficult? Getting the bushing out might take a bit of effort, but I'm good at manhandling things

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFart View Post
I did replace the bushings while the differential was out - drilled, used a hacksaw blade, improvised and made a press to get the new one in. When I opened up my Whiteline package the front bottom two bushings were split and the on one the hole was too big for the sleeve, apparently Whiteline had a bad batch sometime in production. I don't drive the car hard but figured while I had it out might as well do it.

BTW - Still drool over the new seats you bought...
I guess I'll have to make doubly sure they check my bushings before sending them out. I assume Joe@ZSpeed will be my best option like usual? It's gotten to the point where if ZSpeed has the product, I just stopped looking at competitor pricing because I know they won't beat Joe

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |