View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #269 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
A different head unit as in probably the v7 JT CCW unit vortech part number 2A159-010, V7 YSi CCW is a part number 2A159-050 and is rated for a little more
Vortech now makes the V2 Ti which is what I'll be using. (the V7 may be too much)

It is not listed on the Vortech site yet, but the specs are almost exactly like the
V-1 Ti.

V-1 Ti Supercharger | Vortech Superchargers

The main difference between the T-1 and T-2 is that the T-2 has helical gears instead of the straight and is quieter.
It has a little higher CFM and max RPM rating ... it also has a larger input dia. and is 75% efficient.

According to Bobby at CIN Motorsports it will bolt right in to the Stillen Blower Bracket perfectly, but since it is slightly larger it may need some fitting/clearance.

Should put out about 3 more psi than the Stillen V3 with the upgraded impeller...which produced almost 12psi on my car.
That theoretically would put it at 15psi without doing anything else (for built motors only)

Speaking of the Blower Bracket ... Any chance that the Stillen guys could redesign/strenghten and/or brace the bracket ?
Read somewhere that a 2 piece sandwhiched bracket was more rigid and didn't flex - reducing or eliminating belt slip - and that can't be a bad thing.

Motor's almost ready to ship from Import Parts Pro.

Should be wrenchin' on it again here shortly... ...

Last edited by Z&I; 09-19-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Z&I is offline   Reply With Quote