View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
niko86
Base Member

Drives: MY05 350Z, MY10 370Z
niko86 is on a distinguished road

6 more hours went into the Install today

Got the plenum in

Regarding the passenger side bolts, the ones that are kinda 'under' the plenum, do not stress out about them, i have read a lot and most people say they are a pain, some suggest serrating the bolts so you can use a flathead to tighten them.
It is not necessary, just remove the wiring loom in front of the plenum towards the radiator, kneel down in front of the passenger side headlight and shine a light under the plenum.
You can see the bolt easily and just use the long spanner that comes with the kit.
This way you are able to turn it about 100 degrees each spin, sure it takes some time, but it is nowhere near impossible

This is how the (stillen supplied) bolt holding the adapter plate for the new idler pulley looks like after your wrench spins freely...
To me it looks like it is just too short to get a hold of enough thread, so it stripped the threads inside the block.
At first i was kinda pissed, but i will just get a similar bolt with a little longer threaded portion on it and make it work.
Inside the block there is a little more thread left.
If that doesn't work, well, time to remove the radiator, drill, tap and use a larger bolt or helicoil/timesert.
Not the end of the world, but still, i guess a longer bolt would have avoided that little episode..

Throttlebodies bolted up, water lines connected, starting to route the harness(es)

Looks good...

Oh, wait:

Well, out it comes again, looks like this connector isn't going anywhere, there's just not enough room to connect it

Anyways, this is it for today, need to clean up the wiring and hose mess tomorrow, makes me sick looking at something like that..

Looks like this is nearing completion.
I still need to figure out a way to mount the intercooler heat exchanger and the oil cooler, any suggestions?

niko86 is offline   Reply With Quote