View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
CarFucks (CarFax) is complete bullshit

CarMax is known to repaint the front and rear bumpers of almost every car that comes in by Jose and Jorge in the back in an unenclosed are, so look closely for tape lines and overspray
On the repaint, I'll present a different side of the coin. I bought my Z and G from Carmax, neither had any touch up. My friend bought an A6 from Carmax as well, no touchup.

How could I tell? For the G and the A, swirl marks were consistent, front bumpers were appropriately imperfect . Z was perfect, but it was believable based on prior usage. All 3 cars had less than 20k miles, however.

They do buy cars from auctions however. The sales person said that's one way they got some of the more unusual and low miles cars from.