View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
niko86
Base Member

Drives: MY05 350Z, MY10 370Z
niko86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zseth View Post
Looks great, very nice.
thanks

so, 7 hours into the Supercharger install.
No major difficulties, no major breakdowns.

Except for some difficulties getting the nuts on the Plenum studs to budge, ended up removing all of the water lines behind the plenum and all of the hardlines, so i could get a spanner in there.

Oh and i managed to break a wrench and a hex socket, had to use my mighty magnet to get a piece of socket out of one of the throttle bodies.

I will do a little write up on things that would make the install easier if Stillen had put it in the manual, it's not too bad, just saves a couple minutes here and there where you try to figure something out that would be easily explained in a couple of sentences.

So, here is some of todays progress

Getting started (btw nice little owners map, holding a guide and the install manual as well as some stickers, looks neat, well done @Stillen!)

Finally got the fuel pump out, little bit of a pain..
If someone struggles with this, just slide the black plastic thingy that holds the fuel gauge upwards, you can leave it dangling on the wires, pull out the assembly and pull out the gauge afterwards.

Oh, and be sure not to smoke next to all of the fuel vapor, you know, safety first

A few steps later, removed bumper, strut brace, plenum, disconnected most of the water and vacuum lines

Removed the fuel rail and pulled out the injectors

Piles of parts that were pulled off, i am running out of workbenches to put them

New injectors installed

And this is where we left off.
Pretty good progress for half a day and a long break for a "Wiener Schnitzel"

Hadn't we lost so much time tinkering with the Flangenuts on the Plenum Studs..
So, if someone struggles with this or is missing a deep enough socket, just remove the hardlines and use a spanner, it'll save you some headaches.

Regarding the fuel pump bucket modifications (drilling the jets larger, modifying the ring that holds the pump, breaking it, fixing it, swearing), i will order the CJM Kit, it is expensive, but it is well built and allows you to get rid of the flimsy bucket thingy..
niko86 is offline   Reply With Quote