View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
After evaluating several UOA's from other folks and my old Z, I've tentatively identified between 4 and 4.25K to be the ideal OCI.

It's hard to imagine waiting til 5K is making that much of a difference, but it's possible, and the viscosity was a bit low relative to desired values.

Try around 4K exactly for the next one and see if lead either goes down or at least remains stable.
my UOA's always have a TBN done (and after 5K im still at 5-8, where 1 is low) and ive always used pennzoil ultra platinum 5w-30. my OCI is 6K. although, if i get 1-2 track days in, i bring it down to 4-5K.

also, my lead seems to be in the 4-5 range and im at the 40K mark. ill have another UOA in the coming month or so on the new pennzoil ultra platinum 10w-30