View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #4175 (permalink)
SwissCheese
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z NISMO
SwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
I think a lot of us that have ordered FI resonated TDX were on the fence about what size resonator to get, 12 or 18. I'm in that boat, with about 3 more weeks to wait on my 18" res (spoke with FI today, currently on about #1020). I've listened to all the youtube clips until I'm blue in the ear, but still haven't definitively made up my mind. When I spoke with them today, I found out this little nugget that I don't think has been shared enough. If non-res was a 10, and stock was a 0, 18" res would be about a 3, and 12" would be a 7-8. Resonators cut down total noise, not only interior.

With that said, do I want to spend $1400 on a 30% audible increase (albeit a much larger percentage increase in tone quality)? Yes, I'm considering res HFC and Stillen G3 intakes, but only considering. I'm not a fan of the HFC hiss. When you total up RHFC, G3's, Uprev, and labor, we're getting real close to $2000 additional dollars to gain some HPs and dB's. I would hate to feel lacking a few months into owning the exhaust and feel the need to spend that type of cash.

What's your opinion?
How would resonated Test Pipes affect the noise level of the 18" res version?

I currently have an order placed for 18" resonated exhaust w/ resonated Test Pipes, but am worried the 18" resonators are gonna be too quiet.
Current Ride: 2012 Nissan 370Z NISMO #0389
Mods: Fast Intentions Resonated Test Pipes and TDX Exhaust with 18" Resonators (#1054), K&N Drop-Ins, GTR Start Button
SwissCheese is offline   Reply With Quote