View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick760 View Post
I heard that if you budge the butterfly while its connected you can damage the electronic motor within. See, I'm
Seeing mixed results. Some had luck and nothing happens some had issues after cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have a low/shaky idle or one that is hunting (i.e., intermittently high and low), rather than mess with the TB, I'd search for a vacuum leak first.

Pick up some carburetor cleaner and spray all around the intake tract. If the idle changes, you've found your leak.

It may also be worthwhile to check your air filters (if when held up, no light passes through, replace) and clean the MAF's (pick up some CRC MAF cleaner spray).

Good luck!