View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

Not everyone can afford to have 2 cars. Im an engineer, single income living in Wash DC and i can barely afford my z when rent, utilities, food and any form of sanity are included into the mix so keep that in mind before making blind comments that seem simple for some and impossible for others.

I too have a little one coming within the next 5 months, and ive been scrambling desperately to find a way to dump this lead life anchor of a car for something actually useful. Cant straight up sell it because i owe more than its worth, cant trade it in for something cheap as **** because the negative equity makes the new car too much for a bank to touch, and cant get a loan for the remaining payoff amount due too poor credit thanks to putting effort into life and going to college.

Luckily of all the stealerships I went too begging on my knees to let me even LOOK at the cheapest cars they make...... nissan stepped up to the plate. I went to sheehy in manassas park and they lined up a 2014 maxima with leather for 22 grand, it blew my mind. With negative equity it would make it just under the listed MSRP. Would have did it right on the spot but they said I needed a minimum credit score, so I hired a company to dispute my credit until dec and hope its high enough.

The other options to hope I get into a legitimate accident with it that and total it that wasnt intentional, aka fraud. I would say "2013 mag red nismo for sale 12k miles" but everyone expects to pick them up for $15, while the dealerships sell these used for 32-35 grand depending on condition.

So i feel your pain man, dont let people talk you into making the wrong choice by ******* pear pressure. Family should always come first, not some useless *** sports car. You can always buy another one someday. Dont feel like your making a sacrifice. Its your car, or your kid. Common sense.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote