View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

I hit the 5 year mark back in June and she's all mine . Got around 56,000 miles on her.

Repairs & Maintenance so far:
-Oil Changes (Ester Oil x3 per year)
-Tires (3 sets of rear/2 sets of front)(2 flat tires)
-Brake pads (2 sets)
-Brake rotor (replaced front)
-Steering lock recall (under warranty)
-Replaced instrument cluster for fuel level issue))(under warranty)(still an issue)
-6-spd transmission replaced (gears grinding/syncros)(under warranty)
-Replaced stereo head unit
-Tire Pressure Monitor (replaced once by dealership...still problematic intermittently)

Issues so far:
-The Paint. It sucks! It's thin/soft and you have very little to work with when doing paint correction. I "burned" through a quarter sized spot after working on a small section that was etched/cracked by bird dropping that dried up using very little correction with a DA.

-Floor Mats: The OEM they comes with are crap and didn't last very long, especially the driver side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threev8s View Post
Now that we have established this (I know this thread didn’t establish anything), is there anything any of you would do differently if you could go back to the day you purchased it in terms of factory options, color, etc? I considered getting the Nismo rear spoiler but decided to hold off. I know that would have caused either remorse or a trickledown effect so I guess I’m happy with my decision to not get one. Otherwise, I’m still happy with the color, options (or lack thereof…just have the splash guards and floor mats).
The only thing I regret is not getting the Sports Package. I was impatient and would have had to wait for it. The one I got was brought in from another dealership and it was the color I wanted and a MT. I still love the Z, but with all the stuff I've had to spend on these days, I wish I were a bit wiser with buying this thing lol. I don't regret it though.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote