View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by molamann View Post
Are you already looking into purchasing a mount for the V1? If not, check out Country Joy Craft: The Radar Mount for the Valentine Radar Detector
I looked at that, and while the 370z is listed, I'm not sure it will fit. They have our car as 23mm, but after measuring and dividing, it appears slightly larger. I may just suck at measuring.

Either way, I like it better on the windshield It allows for fast and clean disconnect in case I get pulled over or park in a "shady" area. Perhaps the mirror mount would provide the same advantage, not sure.

Quote:
Also, how does the sub sound in the Z? I've always thought that even a nice sub in a Z would sound shitty. :/
Sounds amazing, honestly. I've ran systems from dual 15" subs in a hatchback to competition 10" subs in a trunk, and this sounds great. You won't win any competitions with MY setup, of course, but it sounds good.

I'd think really hard before putting dual 12"s in the back. A single 12" or 10", or dual 10"s will probably all sound great. Dual 12", unless properly noise-deadened/dynomatted, I think it may sound like crap. Just my

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote