View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #367 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
I completely understand, and I know that getting a compnay to GTM's "size" is incredible to do too.

Now I say "size" because their catalogue is massive... But what good is a massive catalogue when you can't deliver on a tenth of it?

I actually met you Mike, not sure if you rememeber.

In any case, it's kinda a shame that GTM's last days are among us. It was cool seeing these moronic one offs of parts that would never hit production.

Going back to what you said, what Sam's issue is, is that he's too power hungry/greedy with "his business" HE needed to be in control of everything, which is too difficult to do. And he made his catalogue too massive which isn't feasible... I am a cost analyst of a company that has 5000 SKUs... I think GTM has just as many... Difference is that we do $150,000,000 a year...
I've told people this 1000 times. If GTM could stock the stage 1, 1.5 and maybe 2 SC kit, they would FLY off the shelves. That's really all they need to make to survive.
Supposedly they didn't want to go through with the Mitubishi turbos because 20% would fail. I said what they should do is have 50 sitting in boxes, customer calls and says the turbo failed, next day air one out. Customer will still be happy with the amazing service... Better than not having a product to offer in the first place, and the kit was such a great deal that it didn't matter.

In any case... Let's see what happens... And maybe I'll meet you again Mike, beer on me
Yes, I remember meeting you and I think it would have been awesome to have a cost analyst on board. The company really could have used your services something fierce.

As for the Mitsubishi failures, that would have been a huge problem and would've killed the company just as quick as not doing anything at all. It was a rock and hard place position, no doubt.

The conundrum is that there is no one single thing that destroyed GTM. There are a lot of factors and a lot of variables. However, the thing I always seem to come back to is that ethics has a lot to do with it. ******** will get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.

Last edited by Mike@GTM; 09-16-2014 at 08:16 PM.