Thread: Sun shade
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #64 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
This is my concern, since I run the Blendmount as well. Will this sunshade fit without me having to remove my detector, etc?

Have you found a way around it? I'd rather not have to reset everything once I get back into the vehicle.
No, I haven't found a way to use both easily. I have a temporary "solution" that I'm too embarrassed even to describe. I'm still undecided about my long-term route as I really like both the Blendmount and this particular shade. I will probably end up going with a more flexible sun shade that I can "unroll" or easily bend to get it underneath the Blendmount.

It seems that this particular sunshade could have worked with the Blendmount IF it had more vertical folds (especially in the center) or one horizontal fold. I may try to crease it horizontally prior to ordering a different sun shade, but I'm not to that point yet. And I'm not sure that it would still stay in place if it were creased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
From the outside you can't really tell it's there, TBH. It being so dark inside w/a black interior.
Yes, this is one of the big attractions of the Blendmount to me. Plus it seems to position the radar detector almost optimally. I considered using a visor clip, but that position looks as if it would be really poor in the Z.
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote