Thread: Sun shade
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #60 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
dont you want to remove your expensive detector out of plain sight anyway? another reason why i never got a blend mount on my G since i use the car to go to work some times.
No, it's a hassle having to remove and replace it every time.

From the outside you can't really tell it's there, TBH. It being so dark inside w/a black interior.

I had to get a Blendmount as the suction cups always failed and there wasn't a way to mount it to the headliner or vanity shades like on my previous car (shades are too thick and don't provide rear visibility for the rear detector.

So it was Blendmount, suffer, or spend $2,000+ to get it hard wired and placed into the mirror w/laser shifters.

I don't park much out in the open anyways - car is in a secure covered garage at work and in my garage when at home.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote