View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 01:14 PM   #488 (permalink)
Waiz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z33 & GE8
Waiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hey waizz, took your advice and finally got the rear bumper applique. car looks good. covered up like 4-5 indents. lol i shaved off the high spots off the bumper with a knife before applying the piece for a nice smooth factory finish.
Nice, one year later you take my advice

Quote:
*crickets*..

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Luckily mine came with the rear bumper applique. I think it looks good and helps in those incidents where something from the hatch may fall while unloading. Although I try to be extra careful in those incidents no matter the car. It always kills me when I travel for work and get a rental car with 1,000 miles or less and there are scratches on the bumper where they drag there rolling bags down the car instead of lifting it up and out.

In essense of your bumper fix, I may or may not have ordered an EZ Lip.

The previous owner even though the car isnt terribly low decided to take inclines straight on at speed is my best guess. I think this will cover the gashes in the plastic instead of trying to fix it with putty, sanding and paint.
Quote:
yah, if you can cover it with something nice, why not.
This car is weirdly bad for steep driveways, I will have to be careful once I get the Mugen

The previous owner of my car scratched up the inside trunk area pretty badly but luckily once I bought a waterproof cargo mat it covered up all the scratches

David, I will be curious to see how you mount up that EZ-lip, most tend to mount it closer to th edge of the bumper with screws but I opted to mount it in more of an OEM location so that it could protect th bumper better
Waiz is offline   Reply With Quote