View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Silly Rabbit
Track Member

Drives: '12 PW Touring Sport
Silly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swift spring noise

I am getting a creaking \ spring winding\unwinding noise from the front after installing swift springs. Mostly heard backing out of the driveway over the rolled curb, but also notice noise at slow speed on rough spots. I have double checked everything I know and not seeing any problems.

I searched the forum and found several comments about the same thing and it seems to be related to the spring isolator that wraps around the spring.

I found an older post that show Swift included the isolators with the springs near the top of the spring where the coils start to progress. Is this picture correct?

My springs didn't come with any isolators. I put the stock ones at the very end of the spring at the bottom. What is the correct place for the isolators? Should there be one at the bottom and one as pictured above? None for the rear?
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote