View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 01:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick760 View Post
With less power and not to bulky the Nissan GT-R blows by it on a track and even in a quarter mile. Even a twin turbo charged Nissan 370Z can probably out run it on a track. But at the end of the day dropping 100k on a GTR for a super sports car is a bit to much for a bunch of people. Don't get me wrong the Camaro is a great pure Muscle Car with power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may blow by with less power but, that power is aided by an advanced AWD system and a $35,000 dual clutch transmission. The $44,000 premium for a GTR ALLOWS for this technology.
If the GTR was a manual and RWD, there would be no advantage.. in other words there's a reason for the premium. It's a bias statement based on the fact these cars are not price or technologically competitive.
The GTR is an Amazing machine, but the camaro is built on a totally different driving philosophy. Tech as opposed to muscle.