View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
aszyd
Track Member

Drives: Magma Red 370z T+S
aszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond repute

I would rather have not known about not getting a recent promotion, than how it actually went down. I work for a pseudo-govt. organization and hiring is "by the book," because they don't want to get sued. So despite the fact that this position was the next level for me, ie, I to II, and I have been doing the work that this person was hired for, for the last six months, I got passed over because this person had "more experience" because of a previous job, that he worked at almost six years ago. Within the organization, our careers had matched until I got a promoted to my current position earlier in the year. So he is effectively leap-frogging me. Apparently, the selection panel is only allowed to take the interview and resume into consideration, not any other factors, so when his numbers beat mine, that was that. In a corporate environment, I would have been a shoe-in. I could have jumped off the roof that afternoon. I guess the good news is that I only wanted that job for the title and pay, I didn't actually want to do the work. So me staying where I am keeps me on my current team and I get to pass on some headaches soon and get back to focusing on what I enjoy.

As for bad feelings, finding out your significant other is cheating on you is a pretty rotten feeling.
aszyd is offline   Reply With Quote